Wednesday, March 24, 2010

10 weeks old


My little boy is 10 weeks old today!! i cannot believe it!! Time is really flying by!! Landon and I took him for his two month doctors appointment today. They gave him 3 shots and an oral vaccine, he did amazingly well. His nurse was very quick and of course he cried when she stuck him, but once she was finished i picked him up, gave him his paci and he quit crying. Landon and i both just looked at each other in amazement!! We got him dressed, put him in his car seat and by the time we got to the car he was asleep, he slept all the way home and for about 3 more hours once we got home. He had a bottle then i rocked him and he fell right back asleep. So far, so good!! i really hope he doesn't have any fever or fussiness from the vaccines, maybe we will get lucky and he will be one of the few babies who tolerate vaccines well. Fingers crossed!! I just feel blessed to have gotten out of the doctors office without he and i both having a melt down!! It's terrible to see your baby in pain, and mason was such a trooper that it eased my own anxiety about him having shots!!
Mason is growing more and more everyday! He weighed 11 lbs 11 oz today, which is surprising bc Saturday i took him in for them to check on his sneezing and coughing and they said he weighed 8 lbs 6 oz. So he's up 5 oz in 4 days!! His head circumference was 39 cm and he was 23.5 inches long. He is in the 50th percentile for his weight and the 75th percentile for his height. He is smiling, cooing and sleeping through the night, which are all milestones for his 2 month check up!! Saturday we decided to bump him up to 5 oz of formula every 4 hours, and he seems to like having the extra formula at each feeding. He hasamzing neck strength and head control, he's sitting in his bumbo like such a big boy!!



In other news, our friends Erika and Shawn had their baby girl on Saturday which was 8 days before their original due date, they had a c sect scheduled for that Monday but didn't make it, she went into labor on her own Saturday morning and they delivered her baby via c section at 6:15 am Saturday March 20th!! She is a beautiful baby, and i am so happy that my very good friend is now a mommy too!! We went through our pregnancies together and now both our little ones are finally here!! Here's a pic of Miss Izabel Sophia on her birthday!!



It's amazing how fast time flies, it seems like just yesterday that i found out i was going to be a mom and now my little boy is already 2 months old!! This past year was consumed with preparing and waiting for Masons arrival, and now he's here and we are living it!! Everyday revolves around him now, and i can't imagine my life any other way!! Things are not exactly the way i pictured it in my head, but we get through the rough moments and the happy moments are ten times better!! It's like that saying "the sweet is not as sweet without the sour"! Mason may not smile often, but when he does it is so special that it not only lights up the room but it lights up my heart!! I relish in the moment because it's special, it's rare, and it's genuine!! Since mason hit the 7 or 8 week mark, being his mom has become so much more rewarding!! His little personality just exploded out of no where, and the smiles, and coos, and ahhs, and the touching and reaching, and wiggling is just amazing to see!! It makes me look forward to even the simplest things like diaper changes and bath time!! I'm telling you the weeks of sleepless nights, colicky fussing, and working the hardest you've ever worked in your life to take care of another person, finally pays off the moment you see that sweet little face looking deep into your eyes and that very first smile appears that you know is meant for you ( and not just gas or coincidence)! I will never forget that feeling!! it's what drives me to get up in the mornings even when I'm exhausted, bc i know when he sees my face that his sweet smile is waiting for me!! Here's that sweet little smile, this is the first pic of him smiling!!



Okay enough gushing over how wonderful being a mom is, and how fabulous of a baby masons come to be! I could easily go on and on all day!! But i have noticed that Mason's looks are starting to change again, and i can't quite put my finger on it, i think it's the hair?!? Maybe it's longer? or a little darker? or possibly more curly? I'm not totally sure! He's just looking more like a little man each day!! I see a lot of his daddy in him, which melts my heart!! I have to say i do have two of the most handsome guys around!! Here's a cute pic of his Grrrr face!!




And i am so glad spring is finally here, i am hoping to get us out of the house more, and out enjoying the weather!! But i am eagerly awaiting summer, i cannot wait to take mason to the pool/waterpark at the Y this summer with my mom, sister-in-law and my nieces!! Masons cousins maddy and molly just love him to death!! I'll post the latest pic of madison and mason!! She's wonderful with him!!



Well i must wrap this up now! It's time to get back to the list of tasks awaiting me!!

No comments: