Sunday, June 27, 2010

God is Good!




My little boy is growing so fast, and sometimes i look around at our house and our life now that mason is here and it's almost hard to remember what it was like before, you know before every baby gadget under the sun was in my living room, before buying organic was important, before the hours of washing bottles each day, before when our bedtime wasn't 9 pm, before my lower stomach lost all feeling in it, before the stretchmarks and extra pounds, before someone needed me every second of my day, back when my life was my own. I'm not quite sure what we did with ourselves and our time back then. My days now seem packed full of one activity/problem/cry session/feeding/diaper change after another, after another, and so on until my head hits the pillow for a few short hours of blissful peace, quiet and stillness, that i so dearly treasure. And even though i have never felt so tired, busy, needed, and forgetful in all my life, it all seems so worth while when i look at my little boys sweet loving face! He is such an amazing gift, yes, GIFT, he is a blessing from God, and i am thankful every single day that we have him in our lives. God truly answered all of my prayers when he blessed us with Mason, a happy, healthy, loving, funny, sweet, and beautiful baby. Mason has really given my life a sense of meaning and purpose that i didn't have before. He has made me feel more loved and more complete as a person. Landon and I truly feel that sense of being our own family now, now that we have Mason in our lives. We also really want to have another child, Mason has shown us just how incredible it is to be parents and just how special having a child truly is. I know we will not quite feel complete in our hearts until we have another baby, and it is something we really look forward to in the future, but for now we are very happy enjoying Mason and watching him grow. He really is growing and changing so quickly and Landon and i are both trying to take in and absorb every moment of it. I want to remember everything, every smile, every laugh, every "first", every experience. These last 5 months have really been some of the best in my life!! I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband, and Mason couldn't have asked for a better or brighter father than Landon. The two of them are my whole world and I am so excited to see what is in store for us, as long as we are all together i know it will be an amazing life!! God is good!
And I'll leave you with a picture of my hubby and my sweet boy the day after he was born!!

No comments: